As time has gone by since I started this in 2007, I've improved. Trying to find where I'm going or seeing what I want.
This was the first cover for A Bee in the Night's Sky (2014). I didn't have any illustrations done. I knew what I wanted but hadn't figured out how I wanted to proceed.
I didn't want to do digital illustrations again. I have done other art in watercolor, acrylic (my favorite), oil, color pencil...I'm sure there is something I'm missing. The bottom line, I chose acrylic, it is my favorite though.
A few weeks of painting.
I ended up with enough pages and grabbed my favorite bee sitting for the front cover.